Tuesday 8 November 2011

Baked beans on toast - Greek style.

It seems this blog is becoming a bit of a brunch and dinner kind of recipe site. I am becoming a bit obsessed by brunch and mainly feeding my little sister when she arises.
I tried to impress her yesterday by making Greek style baked beans.


I made the baked beans by frying drained butter beans in garlic, olive oil and chopped vine tomatoes. I added half a tin of chopped tomatoes for the extra juice, 1/2tsp of cinnamon and some dried oregano. I cheat a little when I make tomato sauce, I always add a 1/4 cup of vegetable stock - then cook the sauce down so it is thick.
Jessica wanted some of the eggs from one of my other brunch dishes, feta scrambled eggs. So I cooked some beaten eggs in butter then added some feta cheese to the pan and scrambled it all up.
Wholemeal toast is a great base for this dish, pile on the eggs then the beans then a little more feta cheese and a sprinkling of oregano!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment