Monday 10 October 2011

Carrot Cake/Bread/Loaf


I have never made carrot cake, I followed a recipe from a baking book and I expected this to be a sweet cake, obviously once I had topped it with the cream cheese and icing sugar. Anyway - I had a disaster as the cake was cooked perfectly but I couldn't get my hands on any cream cheese locally. So I forgot about the cake and my mum wrapped it up. The next day I cam home and the cake was sliced and the butter dish out. Overnight the cake which was maybe never actually a cake had morphed into a bread of the savoury variety.
This bread/cake/loaf stayed fresh for 6 days!!! It was such a treat when smothered with real butter. It tasted slightly bitter as I had added some raspberries, used wholemeal flour and some seeds it definitely was better with some salty butter to even the taste out.

Interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment