Monday 24 October 2011

Now this is interesting.

Please help...
I made rye bread on Saturday I used 3 parts rye flour to one part self raising flour. I used dried yeast and an assortment of seeds including poppy, sesame and mixed, I also crushed some pecans and popped these in the mixture. Once I made my dough I then halved it an put some grated beetroot into it and carried on with the process.

Well when the bread had cooled and I placed it on the bread board on SATURDAY this is what it looked like:
As you can see all of the beetroot has stayed in the middle and the crust, the tastiest part kept crumbling off as I sliced it.


Anyway this is was it looked like today, MONDAY. Something magical has happened here and I don't know what - has the beetroot and its juices been absorbed?
Can anyone explain this?

1 comment:

  1. Could the beetroot have concentrated near the ends of the loaf and thus the first few slices had more of it in compared to the middle slices.

    Also the combination of selfraising flour and yeast is the strange one, baking powder and yeast don't work well together, id just stick to the yeast.

    ReplyDelete