Wednesday 12 October 2011

WOW!! Home-made sushi!


The reason for the excited WOW in the title is that sushi is really easy to make, as long as you have the right ingredients. I fancied a challenge so I visited Asda in Smithdown Road Liverpool and I was delighted to find all of my ingredients, sushi nori, sushi rolling mat, sushi rice etc. The only thing I would advise on is that you need plenty of time. The sushi rice takes a looooong time and there are specific instructions to follow. The first sushi roll I made was huge a bit like a Sayers sausage roll that was because I put too much rice in it.
Anyway I made a filling of sliced sugar snap peas, fresh chilli, ginger paste, seasame oil and soy sauce.

The key is to put a little rice in the sushi nori before you roll it and spread it out then put the filling in and then roll!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment