Saturday 10 September 2011

Morocan Tangine with yellow baby plum tomatoes and baby aubergines.

Moroocan tagines are a tasty dinner and perfect for this rainy dull weather, they should be a warming dish full of spices and exotic vegetables.
This was pretty easy to prepare and even easier to eat!
I will say this though, it was difficult to photograph. I had to add a touch of colour with some peppery rocket on the top. I hope you like it.



I made the tagine by frying off sliced onions, plenty of garlic and some olive oil with cumin, tumeric and paprika. You want the spices to flavour the oil and the onions and get the garlic to add to this richness. Add baby aubergines, sliced down the middle, yellow baby plum tomatoes, chesnut mushrooms and the added extra, sliced Halloumi! I did this so the salty-ness of the halloumi would add to the interesting flavours.

In another pan cook the cous cous in vegetable stock instead of boiling water, this makes the cous cous super tasty and flavourful.

Plate up the cous cous first and add the tagine over the top, as I said earlier I sprinkled rocket on the top with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar but this is totally your choice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment