Friday 30 September 2011

My first restaurant review..


I love Manchester's restaurant and bar scene. I have ventured down the M602 twice this week, once for a Birthday night out and another to see Peter Kay with the boy. I don't think I have ever gone into detail about the boy's eating habits, he can eat 6 meals a day; breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack. When we go on a day out together I think it rude not to keep up with him. This meant on our afternoon trip to Manchester I ate 3 meals...

After a disappointing halloumi salad in the Pitcher and Piano on Deansgate Lock, a fabulous eton mess in Market Restaurant in the Northern Quarter, we went to Wasabi Sushi and Noodle Bar...

Wasabi Sushi and Noodle Bar in Manchester's printworks is like being in Tokyo, there was a Japanese tribute band singing En Vogue's Don't let go on the TV screens. There is the conveyor belt with sushi dishes on just like Yo Sushi! but without the sell by dates on. Then there is a lift to the toilet where a woman waits at the toilet door and gives you a key to get into the toilet. OK.
The meal is 2 options of a set menu - 1 6 plates of sushi from the belt, 2 3 sushi and a noodle dish. The boy went for 1 and I opted for 2.
The picture you can see is of the Tempura Noodle Udon, I also made a rookie mistake by opting for the spicy soup. (In my home cooking I can now eat a 1/4 of a chilli in my dishes so I think I have an asbestos mouth) This is a big mistake.
I think I have to come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of Japanese food, although this restaurant was really authentic in contrast to the european/japanese style of YO SUSHI! I just don't like udon noodles, half a boiled egg in my soup and seaweed.

Sorry.

(note to self if I am to be a restaurant reviewer I need more details)

No comments:

Post a Comment