Monday 26 September 2011

Yummy Vegetarian Toad in the Hole!


I had a long conversation with my sister about whether toad in the hole is pastry or yorkshire puddings, I said the yorkshire puddings she said pastry.
I did a twitter survey - the lovely twitteries said yorkshire puddings.

By the way you can follow us on http://twitter.com/#!/voguevegetarian - blatant plug there sorry, now back to the food.

I began by halfving some cherry tomatoes and laying them on a baking tray with only a sprinkling of sea salt. I left them on gas mark 4 in the oven whilst I carried on with my prep.
This way of cooking tomatoes is perfect for a topping on a main meal, bruschetta or for garnish on a soup. You could pop them in the fridge for a healthy snack if you wanted, they last for ever!

In a heavy based pan I fried sliced garlic and red onion in some olive oiland placed six Linda Mccartney sausages in with some more olive oil, chilli flakes and rock salt. Once the onions were cooked I put a tin of tomatoes, some chopped fresh tomatoes and tomatoe puree into the mix.
I left this to cook with some fresh basil thrown in for 40 mins until the sauce thickens.

Whilst this cooks I put some roast potatoes into a baking tray with plenty of olive oil and sea salt. I cook my roasties from raw, I don't par boil them - its up to you!

Cook you ready made yorkshire puddings for a few minutes and then you are good to go!

Sprinkle on the cherry toms for a bit of a kick and ...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment