Friday 19 August 2011

Im so over Thyme.


So yesterday I was loving the Thyme now I am experimenting with fresh Sage. I always thought Sage was reserved for the meat eating society as they used it in Chicken dishes but no, it is for the vegetarian dishes too. I will endeavour to use it in more dishes in the future. I am quite fancying a sage butter... with something maybe gnocchi or risotto? More to come..

I have halved a butternut squash and scooped out the insides, don't throw this away just put to one side for the moment. Then make up a filling for the squash but frying off shallots, garlic, oyster mushrooms, baby spinach and some chopped sage. Fill the squash with this and place in a roasting tin with halved baby shallots, halved potatoes (skins left on!) the inside of the squash, some more chopped sage and a drizzle of olive oil.
Roast this all for a good 30 minutes on a medium heat, I like my roast vegetables really roasted but this is totally upto you.
Finish with plenty of black pepper.
Thinking on, the potatoes might have been really nice with a sage butter, must try this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment