Friday 19 August 2011

Inspiration lurks in the fridge.


I get inspired by opening the fridge.
Last night I discovered a mix bowl of Kalamata olives, green olives and feta cheese and I decided to blitz them with raw garlic, fresh lemon thyme (herb of the moment if you haven't noticed) fresh lemon, dried oregano and olive oil. This makes an olive tapenade with a kick. The impact of the raw garlic is my favourite part, I make tzatziki with raw garlic too. If you would prefer a smoother taste go for roasted garlic.
In a small frying pan fry off slices of halloumi in the tiniest amount of oil, this is an open discussion I am having with my sister about whether to add oil when frying halloumi, it's up to you how you do it!
Toast a thick slice of brown bread, I used a granary bread full of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to add a nutty taste.
Garnish with baby spinach leaves and a drizzle of olive oil!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment