Friday 26 August 2011

The Humble becomes the Great.


These little beauties are delicious!
I am trying to re-ignite my sister's love of the humble aubergine, so I have been experimenting with different ways of cooking the vegetable to make it exciting and tasty.
I made these little starters by slicing the aubergine and frying them in a little olive oil, some tumeric and cumin. Aubergines tend to soak up the oil so only use a really small amount. Fry them off both sides in batches and set to one side.
My dad baked some fresh bread for this dish, his recipe will be up very soon!
Slice up the bread into generous slices, and cover with alioli, I am hoping to make some fresh alioli so as soon as I do I will post the recipe. Slice up some Manchego cheese, this hard cheese is a delicious alternative to parmesan. Lay on the aubergine and some halved baby plum tomatoes and some grilled sliced courgette and another touch of alioli to finish!
Serve with a side of spinach tossed in lemon juice, olive oil and white wine vinegar.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment