Saturday 20 August 2011

A trip to South India anyone?

Tonight I am celebrating my friend getting a job so I am going to try to cook a south indian meal. I love South Indian food and the Maharaja in Liverpool serves the most delicious Keralan food. The vegetarian options are flavoured with spices such as cinnamon, turmeric, cardamon and ginger.

"Kerala has a distinctive cuisine, totally different from the rest of India."

My favourite dish is Beet chera pachadi, this rolls of the tongue now as I must have the same dish every time I visit. Beet chera pachadi consists of spinach and beetroot cooked in herbs and spices. The colour is divine as you can imagine from the beetroot but its the interesting mix of herbs and spices which give this rich dish so sumptuous flavour.

The herb cupboard is lacking in some of the essential spices so a trip to the market is needed in my lunch break. I will update later on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment